AmeriCorps VISTA for DDCT
The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) has a
partnership with the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS) and Central Texas Council of
Governments (CTCOG) to engage Central Texas governments and residents, with a focus on harder-to-reach
communities, and eliminate poverty and poverty-related human, social, and environmental problems as they
pertain to economic development. The position will provide an opportunity to work closely with local
communities, regional organizations, and Federal agencies while receiving hands-on training in economic
The VISTA member of the Central Texas Economic Development District (EDD) will partake in important
economic development initiatives that compliment regional goals and EDA investment priorities.
• Equip communities with tools for economic development.
• Conduct project planning for the 7-county CTCOG region.
• Enhance the Central Texas quality of life, including poverty, social, and environmental issues.
• During service: Living stipend, health care,
childcare, training, relocation expenses,
and liability insurance.
• After service: education stipend, one year
of non-competitive eligibility for
employment in the federal government
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• Age Requirement: 18 years old
• Spanish is a plus
• Must have own transportation
Start Date: July 18, 2022
Term: Full-Time, One Year
Contact: Connie Quinto
To apply, visit the AmeriCorps Application page here.